Bogotá Domingo, 16 / Oct / 2016

Modelo se pone piercing en zona íntima y casi le causa la muerte

La modelo tuvo que ser llevada de urgencias al hospital, luego de sentir fuertes molestias tras colocarse el piercing.

Nikki Belza Foto: Instagram
Nikki Belza Foto: Instagram

Nikki Belza, modelo y bailarina de 33 años, nunca imagino que su vida podría cambiar de un momento a otro, después de colocarse un piercing en su pezón de seno izquierdo.

Nikki señaló que se preparaba para ir a trabajar cuando empezó a sentir una molestia en su pecho izquierdo. Decidió no hacer caso y seguir adelante; no obstante, empezó a sudar frío, gritar del dolor y se desmayó, de inmediato fue llevada al hospital y posteriormente hospitalizada por una infección acusada por la perforación.

Tras realizarle varios exámenes se detectó que tenia  Estreptococo A, infección que más tarde desarrollaría "sepsis o "septicemia una especie de envenenamiento en la sangre y órganos que podrían causar la muerte.

Debido a la gravedad de la infección el tejido mamario se vió afectado y tuvieron que extirpar una parte de él y su implante de silicona.

Así  se manifestó Nikki  después de haber sufrido este díficil momento  “Quedé devastada al verme con sólo un seno, y ahora soy totalmente plana de un lado. Pero sé lo afortunada que soy por estar viva. No puedo creer que hacerse un procedimiento tan simple como un piercing puede derivar en algo tan serio como una septicemia”,

Aquí algunas fotos que publicó:


An open letter to an internet bully: You attacked me today on a previous post. You told me, "you look nowhere near someone with sepsis" and, "how are you in and out of the hospital within a week? Sepsis doesn't work like that". Please, tell me how sepsis works and how I'm "supposed" to look. Obviously, you do not know me, because if you did, you would know I don't look anything like my normal self. Tell me why I can't be happy some days, and why I don't deserve great friends and family that make me smile. The video you so rudely commented on, insinuated that I was "faking" sepsis. Reason being-- because your baby's daddy was in the hospital for four months with sepsis. So, because I was ONLY in the step down ICU for five days, I have to be faking. Yes, I seemed slightly happy in the video, but I was also on a morphine drip every 90 minutes, on Percocet and a cocktail many other painkillers on and off. I would've smiled if I got hit with a baseball bat. Disregard the fact that in the video, I am in a hospital hooked up to a heart monitor, IVs, and a total of about 12 wires that were hooked up to a motion detector, that set off an alarm if I attempted to stand up by myself or remotely move to much. It was quite enjoyable getting poked by needles a minimum of two times a day, not being able to use the bathroom myself, not showering for almost 2 weeks and not being able to brush my hair or wash my face without someone standing close by to catch me if I fell. I'm still in constant pain and I'm barely making progress in my recovery, and it's almost been a month. You also made inaccurate sepsis facts. When you're diagnosed with sepsis, your white blood cell count goes UP, not down! My WBC was 44,000. Normally for me, it should be 6000. Then, you mentioned that I would need "an IV that went through your shoulder into a major artery". It's called a PICC line. And No, wrong again. Not everyone with sepsis gets one. I was sent home with enough oral antibiotics to supply a small army. Also, my dear friend who currently has cellulitis, HAS a PICC line. So, you cannot compare one medical case to another. (Continued in comments. I ran out of space to type!)

A photo posted by ??Nikki Belza ?? (@nikkibelzano) on